The aim of this blog is to share my enthusiasm for nature, especially birds. I've been a birdwatcher since my childhood. In the beginning I was mostly focused on twitching, trying to see as many different birds as possible. In 2010 I started to regularly paint and draw birds too, inspired by the great Hungarian artist Szabolcs Kokay. In doing so I have found a new way of looking at birds, which makes me appreciate much more every singe observation I make. This blog features reports of my recent birding activities. For my older paintings and drawings please visit: http://bird-art.blogspot.com/

Samstag, 9. April 2011

April in Seewinkel/Burgenland 2

As I mostly only have time in the early morning and the evening, I still haven't visited all the different locations for birding in the Seewinkel. Yet I've been able to make some nice watchings: White-fronted Goose (at Östliche Wörthenlacke at the 6th), Greylag Goose (the first goslings at Zicklacke at the 5th), Barnacle Goose (7 at Östliche Wörthenlacke at the 6th) Ferruginous Duck (4 at Warmblüterkoppel Illmitz at the 9th),  Pygmy Cormorant (Warmblüterkoppel Illmitz), Bittern (calling everywhere), Purple Heron (Warmblüterkoppel Illmitz), Spoonbill (Warmblüterkoppel Illmitz), Snipe, Wood Sandpiper, Spotted Redshank (10 Warmblüterkoppel Illmitz), Mediterranean Gull (at least 35 at Östliche Wörthenlacke at the 6th), Lesser Black-backed Gull (1 adult at Östliche Wörthenlacke at the 6th, probably subspecies fuscus), Caspian Tern (2 at Warmblüterkoppel Illmitz at the 10th), Common Tern (my first one for this year at the 9th at Warmblüterkoppel Illmitz), Long-eared Owl (one sitting in its nest near Illmitz), Barn-Swallow (my first for this year at the 5th), House Martin (my first for this year at the 9th), Wheatear (1 male at Geiselsteller/Illmitz at the 6th), Coal Tit (4 near Informationszentrum Illmitz at the 6th) etc.

I also made some new fotos and field sketches:

Common Teal at Albersee
 Barnacle Geese at Östliche Wörthenlacke
 Great Egret near Biological Station Illmitz
 Black-winged Stilt near Zicklacke
 Black-headed Gull at Westliche Wörthenlacke
 Breeding colony of Rooks in Illmitz
 Great Egret near Zicklacke
 Little Ringed Plover near Biological Station Illmitz
 Little Ringed Plover near Biological Station Illmitz
 Spoonbills near Biological Station Illmitz

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen