The aim of this blog is to share my enthusiasm for nature, especially birds. I've been a birdwatcher since my childhood. In the beginning I was mostly focused on twitching, trying to see as many different birds as possible. In 2010 I started to regularly paint and draw birds too, inspired by the great Hungarian artist Szabolcs Kokay. In doing so I have found a new way of looking at birds, which makes me appreciate much more every singe observation I make. This blog features reports of my recent birding activities. For my older paintings and drawings please visit: http://bird-art.blogspot.com/

Montag, 18. April 2011

Pannonian Bird Experience

The last weekend a fair for birdwatching took place in the national park where I work right now. A more detailed description of this event can be found on: http://www.club300.at/node/24644 . I was involved in this event in several ways, partly as a guide for Carl Zeiss Sports Optics and partly at the stand of the Club 300 Austria. In addition, my pictures were used to attract people to come to the stand of Birdlife Austria:
In the exkursions we could see most of the ornithological highlights of the bird experience, including Austria's 5th Dalmatian Pelican at Graurinderkoppel/Apetlon and a singing Aquatic Warbler at Geiselsteller/Illmitz:
Other interesting observations were four Whimbrels at the 16th near Lange Lacke, a White-winged Tern at the 16th at Graurinderkoppel/Illmitz, a Lesser Black-backed Gull at Lange Lacke at the 16th and a Goshawk at Geiselsteller/Illmitz at the 17th:
Furthermore, I could make fotos of Yellow Wagtails near Lange Lacke and a Wood Sandpiper at Warmblüterkoppel/Illmitz:
During the fair I also had the opportunity to talk with the Hungarian-German bird painter (http://www.stefanboensch.de/ ), who gave me some valuable advices to improve my painting skills, for instance, not immediately starting to sketch when I see a bird but to take much more time to simply watch the bird. Here are my newest pictures:
 Greyleg Geese with Goslings at Geiselsteller/Illmitz
 Great Bustard in Hansag
Kentish Plover in the evening light at Geiselsteller/Illmitz


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen