The aim of this blog is to share my enthusiasm for nature, especially birds. I've been a birdwatcher since my childhood. In the beginning I was mostly focused on twitching, trying to see as many different birds as possible. In 2010 I started to regularly paint and draw birds too, inspired by the great Hungarian artist Szabolcs Kokay. In doing so I have found a new way of looking at birds, which makes me appreciate much more every singe observation I make. This blog features reports of my recent birding activities. For my older paintings and drawings please visit: http://bird-art.blogspot.com/

Montag, 4. April 2011

First days of April in Seewinkel/Burgenland

This month I'm working in the Nationalpark Neusiedler See-Seewinkel, without doubt Austria's best place for birdwatching. Therefore I'm looking forward to many opportunities to watch, digiscope and paint birds. Here are some pictures from the first days of April:

  Common Shelduck at Illmitzer Zicksee
 Ruff at St.Andräer Zicksee
 Kentish Plover at Geiselsteller
 Black-tailed Godwit at Neubruchlacke
 Garganey near Informationszentrum Illmitz
 Black-winged Stilt near Informationszentrum Illmitz
 Kentish Plover at Geiselsteller/Illmitz
 Lapwing at Geiselsteller/Illmitz
 Lapwing and Kentish Plover at Geiselsteller/Illmitz
 Black-tailed Godwit at Neubruchlacke
Black-winged Stilt near Informationszentrum Illmitz
 
 Little Ringed Plover at Darscho
 Sunset at Darscho

1 Kommentar:

  1. coole pix! thnx for sharing! i like both the drawings and the photos!

    Im looking forward 2 c ur next postings!

    and - ill find a way 2 visit the seewinkel myself pretty soon! :)

    kind regards tom

    AntwortenLöschen