The aim of this blog is to share my enthusiasm for nature, especially birds. I've been a birdwatcher since my childhood. In the beginning I was mostly focused on twitching, trying to see as many different birds as possible. In 2010 I started to regularly paint and draw birds too, inspired by the great Hungarian artist Szabolcs Kokay. In doing so I have found a new way of looking at birds, which makes me appreciate much more every singe observation I make. This blog features reports of my recent birding activities. For my older paintings and drawings please visit: http://bird-art.blogspot.com/

Montag, 8. August 2011

Antalya and Istanbul, July 2011

In July I've been in Turkey for about three weeks. It was mainly a university trip, so I didn't go to any specific birdwatching area. However, I could make some nice observations, and watch birds like Rufous Bush-Robin, Masked Shrike, White-Spectacled Bulbul and other species in the park around the University of Antalya, one immature Gannet quite close to the beach in Antalya, Rollers in Belek as well as several Scopoli's Shearwater (and even dolphins) at the Bosporus in Istanbul etc.

The following pictures are showing juvenile Masked Shrikes and a Laughing Dove in Antalya:





Of course, I didn't forget to bring my painting and drawing materials too. These are the pictures created during my journey:
At the beach in Antalya
 Drawing in the university park during lunch break
 Mosque in front of a bridge over the Bosporus
 Istanbul (View from Ortaköy to Kiz Kulesi)
 Sultan Ahmet Mosque



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen