The aim of this blog is to share my enthusiasm for nature, especially birds. I've been a birdwatcher since my childhood. In the beginning I was mostly focused on twitching, trying to see as many different birds as possible. In 2010 I started to regularly paint and draw birds too, inspired by the great Hungarian artist Szabolcs Kokay. In doing so I have found a new way of looking at birds, which makes me appreciate much more every singe observation I make. This blog features reports of my recent birding activities. For my older paintings and drawings please visit: http://bird-art.blogspot.com/

Mittwoch, 31. August 2011

End of August

The last days of August I had some freetime to pratice a bit painting and drawing, here are the results:
 Common Crossbill
 Whiskered Tern feeding a juvenile with a fish (inspired by a foto recently made by an austrian birdwatcher at lake Darscho/Seewinkel)
 Honey Buzzard (About a week ago I visited the 5th Carinthian Raptor Migration Camp in Arnoldstein. Just at the two days I was there the people in the camp could count 728 migrating individuals of this buzzard species. All in all we could observe nine different species of raptors)
 Juvenile Masked Shrike
water buffalo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen