The aim of this blog is to share my enthusiasm for nature, especially birds. I've been a birdwatcher since my childhood. In the beginning I was mostly focused on twitching, trying to see as many different birds as possible. In 2010 I started to regularly paint and draw birds too, inspired by the great Hungarian artist Szabolcs Kokay. In doing so I have found a new way of looking at birds, which makes me appreciate much more every singe observation I make. This blog features reports of my recent birding activities. For my older paintings and drawings please visit: http://bird-art.blogspot.com/

Montag, 15. August 2011

Seewinkel, once again

The last two days finally I could visit the Seewinkel again, without doubt my favourite place for bird watching in Austria. A friend once told me, when he was going there as a child, every time when he had to leave he was crying. Another friend once said: "Its like paradise". I can really agree with that. Although, I also have to say that I'm quite critical of the behavior of some of the inhabitants of the area, many still haven't understood that nature tourism is a boon for their region's economy and are busy destroying and disturbing what is left of this unique environment. The following picture for example shows a so-called "star-fighter", a small plane which should dispel starlings from the farmer's vineyards. Unfortunately, they do not respect the boundaries of the national park, here one was flying over the lake "Oberstinker":
 Anyway, I still could make some nice observations and also paint, the following pictures show a Pygmy Cormorant, a Caspian Tern and a juvenile Whiskered Tern:


 I also visited the exhibition in the national park's information center with my caricatures (see http://christoph-neger.blogspot.com/2011/06/exhibition-abgetaucht.html) which seems to be quite successful:

 And finally, once again a picture of the beautiful landscape of the Seewinkel, here a view from Geiselsteller in Illmitz to the Schneeberg:







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen